Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Link back to their post with your post and look/comment on others!
Top 10 bookish confessions:
- I don’t care if all the books I have in a series are in the same edition. If one of the books is hardcover and three are in softcover, that is fine with me! I buy a huge portion of my books from used bookstores so it’s not like I have a choice at being picky. I don’t go out of my way to find the same edition for all the books.
- I dog-ear pages on my own books. Not anyone else’s. Not the libraries. Not a book that I am going to be giving to someone else. My own books that will only be owned by me. I love seeing all the places that I loved a quote so much that I wanted easy access to it again. I love seeing all the places that made me laugh out loud that I want to go back to when I’m sad.
- I have never read Harry Potter. I know, I know “HOW HAVE YOU NEVER READ HARRY POTTER” well you see, I just never picked up the books, opened them, and read the words on the pages. I made myself a goal to read at least the first two before the end of the year though, so we’ll see.
- I don’t like John Green’s book that much. I like Looking for Alaska. I am okay with Will Grayson, Will Grayson. But I will pay someone else money to make sure I never read the other books again.
- I buy a lot of books that I plan on reading but then instead of reading them I check out books at the library. My biggest problem right now is having a super cute TBR jar and only using it once. Out of the last 19 books that I’ve read, TWO of them were previously owned. I don’t count ARCs as previously owned because I don’t get to keep them nor did I have them for longer than three months.
- I read any chance that I can get. A two minute trip to pick up a pizza? That’s four pages I wouldn’t be reading without the book. Tumblr is taking a while to load? That’s a few paragraphs to read. I’d read in the shower if I could.
- Over the past month I have found my love for YA again. I used to be only YA. I devoured up any book I could get my hands on. Then I read only adult mystery for YEARS. I still love adult mystery, don’t get me wrong, but I love cute love stories too. I wasn’t getting that with mystery.
- I love blogging about books. On here and on Tumblr. I never knew there were so many people on Tumblr that love talking about books. I have met so many awesome people on there and am glad that I decided to make a Tumblr. I like it on here because I can get my own opinions on books out. I am free to say that I dislike a book. I am free to say I love a book.
- I wasn’t a huge fan of Twilight because even back then I realized the problematic things in the books, but that did not stop me from reading the series three times. And I’d do it again.
- I secretly wish I was a faster reader. I get so jealous when I see people devouring these books in like four hours while it takes me two days to read it. I know it’s not a contest but I wish I were a better reader.