• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Describe one of your reading habits
I am a very strange reader and I read differently depending on the format that I’m reading on.
Physical book (hardcover or paperback): I will set a certain amount of pages or chapters before I can do anything else. Let’s say the page number is 50 but I really need to do an assignment that’s due the next day, I will read a few pages and then write a few sentences. Read a few pages then write a few sentences. I especially do this when I have to answer questions because then I can just read a little then answer a question and then go back to reading. I do this with basically everything. At the beginning of the day I try to set a page (or percentage) amount and I read basically any chance that I can squeeze in paragraphs or pages. Waiting for food in the microwave? Read a paragraph! Waiting for the boyfriend to pick me up at the library? Read the book I just checked out! Going to a baseball game? Read in the car! Read everywhere and read as often as I can. I take books with me in the car, restaurants, and basically anywhere that I can without annoying the people I’m with.
E-reader: The only e-reader that I have right now is on my computer so it’s a little different since I can’t take it anywhere. I also get more distracted from reading these books because they are close to everything on the internet so I tend to spend more time thinking that I should be reading instead of actually reading. I basically do the same thing as I do with physical books though. I read while pages are loading. I read while I’m eating dinner (it’s much easier to read on the computer while eating than with physical books). I try to read a certain percentage of a book a day. Knowing that I don’t read as much on the e-reader I will probably not pay as much attention to the percentage as I would with pages or chapters. I am getting a Kindle later this year, so I will probably update this once I get used to the Kindle and maybe my reading habits will be different with that than with the computer.
Do you have different reading habits? What are they?