Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
My musing: What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
I recently got done reading by first ARC. Cop Town by Karin Slaughter. Cop Town doesn’t come out until the end of this month and I’m itching to buy it in hardcover. The cover is so pretty so I can’t wait to take a picture of it. I am going to read it again because it’s such a good book and hardcovers are awesome. If I was nervous about ARCs before, I am definitely not now. I have three other Karin Slaughter books sitting on my shelf right now and I want to jump right into them. She’s an awesome author and more people need to read her books.
I’m also really excited to get Unlucky 13 by James Patterson. I’ve read 1-9 so I don’t even really need 13 yet, but I’m excited to read it. The cover is awesome and I’m sure the plot is too. I’m excited to see what Lindsay does next. I’m also not sure if I want to buy it yet in case I read the synopsis and it gives away important things. But I am excited to buy it.
I need to read We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han. I’ve read the first two and I want to finish the third book to find out what happens. I think it’s only supposed to be a trilogy so it’ll be sad to say goodbye to the characters I do like, but I’m too invested to not pick it up sometime this month. I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about the book, but hopefully I like it as much as I liked the second one.
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I feel like I’m the only one that has never read this book. It’s been on my radar for a long time, but I just have not read it yet. I am hoping to get it at the library soon. I would also like to buy it so maybe I will look online or at the used bookstore.
What books are you most excited to read?